hearing Loss Association of Washington
To open the world of communication to people with hearing loss by providing information, education, support and advocacy.
All aspects of life will be accessible to people with hearing loss.
HLAA-WA is affiliated with the Hearing Loss Association of America (formerly Self Help for Hard of Hearing, Inc.). HLAA is dedicated to the wellbeing of people who do not hear well, whatever their age, whatever their communication style. It is the nation’s largest organization for people with hearing loss.
Current E-News from HLAA-WA (Web Edition)
October 25, 2019. In this edition:
- • Don’t miss our Annual Meeting!
• Thank You, Budget & Policy Center
• Thank You, Port of Seattle
• Problems with Restaurant Noise?
• 2019 WA State Senior Citizens Foundation Fall Conference
• CI Updates
• In the News
• Oregon Workshop: Living Well with Hearing Loss
• Welcome to My World Workshop
• Join or Renew Your HLAA Membership
Newest Edition of Sound Waves
City of Seattle Enacts TV Caption Ordinance
On April 15, the City of Seattle enacted an ordinance that, when it takes effect, will require televisions in places of public accommodation have captions turned on. This will benefit those with hearing loss as well as people with other reasons to need visual support for what is being said. Read the ordinance here.
Buying Hearing Aids in Washington
(What to expect)
*New* August 22, 2018
Our new and updated flyer Buying Hearing Aids in Washington (What to expect) is now published.